In Canada, many government fees payable with respect to trademarks are subject to annual adjustments according to the Service Fees Act.
Unfortunately, this means that the sums payable are often irregular sums making quick calculations of filing costs challenging.
As of January 1, 2022, some fees will be reduced by 0.2%, including:
- application fee for first class reduced from $336.60 to $335.93
- supplemental application fee for each additional class reduced from $102.00 to $101.80
- filing statement of opposition reduced from $765.00 to $763.47
- renewal fee for first class reduced from $408.00 to $407.18
- supplemental renewal fee for each additional class reduced from $127.50 to $127.25